FluorineFx is the free and open source Flash/Flex remoting gateway, high-performance, scalable framework, streaming server that connects RIAs using Adobe software (Adobe Flash®, Adobe Flex®, Adobe AIR™ runtime) and Microsoft .NET®
The need for integrating RIAs into established technology platforms is rising; the client platform must be connected to back-end services and existing back-end systems must be extended. The purpose of FluorineFx is to provide an open source alternative for Flex/Flash Remoting, Flex Data Services, Messaging and real-time messaging functionality for the .NET framework. Additionally the framework provides client side libraries, like FluorineFx for Silverlight, bridging different RIA platforms.
FluorineFx’s key advantages are low total cost of ownership, reduced dependence on software vendors and easy customizability.
- Flex, Flash Remoting (RPC), Flex AMF Polling (streaming AMF channel)
- Flex Messaging, Flex Data Services (partial)
- Supports AMF0, AMF3 and RTMP, RTMPT, RTMPS protocols
- Provides IIS ISAPI filters/Http modules for the RTMPT, RTMPS protocols
- Service Browser. Template based code generator (ASP.NET like syntax)
- Real-time Messaging, Remote Shared Object support, Video streaming
- MSMQ integration, Apache ActiveMQ NMS integration
- Easily integrate with Adobe Integrated Runtime (Adobe AIR™)
- Ajax Integration
- WCF Integration
- .NET and Silverlight client library
.NET frameworks supported by FluorineFx
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (2.0.50727)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (3.5.21022.8)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Mono 1.2.4
.NET frameworks support backward compatibility, that is a new version of the framework will run binary assemblies that were targeted to previous versions of the framework.